Nio is coming to Europe and the first stop in Norway. The press conference revealing details will be held on 6th May at 4 pm Chinese time (10 pm Norway time GMT+2). You can watch the live broadcast on Nio’s website. It will be in Chinese and English with subtitles.
It will start with a prerecorded video, following Q&A with founder William Li and other executives. Underneath this article, you can watch commented live stream.
Before the conference starts, here is all we know beforehand the conference.
- The shortage of chips will affect the delivery in April.
- The gross profit margin will not increase significantly this year.
- Nio has no rivals in the high-end market.
- ET7 is expected to be delivered in the first quarter of 2022.
- Li said that the most impressive one at the Shanghai Auto Show was Wuling Baojun KiWi.
- NIO will use its brand only for high-end vehicles. If mass-market EV is launched, it won’t be under the Nio brand.
As reported by Tencent Auto based on Li interview following the release of Q1 financial reports.
From another April interview with Nio president, we also learned that Nio successfully finished EU NKAP safety tests, battery swap stations were already transported to Norway, and EU prices should remain the same as in the Chinese market, meaning similar to Mercedes EQS.
Interestingly, it seems Nio will rely on its BaaS model in Europe, even though many analytics warned this solution is not suitable for the EU market.
Live broadcast here
Carnewschina stream here:
10:51 am Nio Norway website is on Nio.com/no_NO
Start 4 pm (GMT+8)
End 6 pm (GMT+8)